TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
The Parts Guy
7,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you put an analog dash cluster in a car that originally came with a digital dash? Does it just plug right in? Any help would be really appreciated. Tanks

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
No.

The harnesses are different. You could do it if you feel like doing alot re-wiring.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Is there any modifications we can do to the stupid Digital Dash? It only reads up to 85 and starts blinking after u go past that. How do get the Digi dash to read the higher speeds?

TIA
Will

One Love Hawaii

·
Administrator
14,210 Posts
Willow9238 said:
Is there any modifications we can do to the stupid Digital Dash? It only reads up to 85 and starts blinking after u go past that. How do get the Digi dash to read the higher speeds?

TIA
Will

One Love Hawaii
Flip it over to KM/H and get really good at doing the conversion quick in your head? ;)

·
Registered
933 Posts
Learn to convert
I found a calculator one time.
You enter gear ratios, read end ratios, tire/wheel sizes and max RPM and you get a chart stepped in 100 rpm increments on how fast you're going
I estimated around 94 MPH (before I saw headlights and had to drop it down):p

·
CatBird Creator
165 Posts
haha....

i also have that damn digital display that only goes up to 85. but i am like these guys.....even as pathetic as it sounds, i used a conversion calculator and in 2 mph increments, i got the alternate value in km/h. from 86 to 110, i typed each one out very tiny, and now the sheet is taped inside right on the dash....all i do it select km/h on the display and my speed is easy to find out with the homemade chart.....lol, yes, i know, i'm one sorry individual, but if i wasnt.....why would i love my cougar oh so much??

·
CatBird Creator
165 Posts
Jimbo said:
how high does it go in KMH
and what would that equate too in MPH

it only reads to 199 km/h, and that is about 120, but i dont go that fast anyways

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey all, I have a Mark 7.

There's no digidashs that will plug into ours in replacement, is there? Is anyone enough of an electronics hacker to be able to figure out why the limit is 85mph?

The Mark 7 I have is a 1990, and doesn't have some of the things that I head TBs have. I'm wondering if I can snag a TB dash so I have the temp display and things like that. Anyone tried this?

Thanks,
Josh

·
11,719 Posts
1990SilverBilly said:
Hey all, I have a Mark 7.

There's no digidashs that will plug into ours in replacement, is there? Is anyone enough of an electronics hacker to be able to figure out why the limit is 85mph?

The Mark 7 I have is a 1990, and doesn't have some of the things that I head TBs have. I'm wondering if I can snag a TB dash so I have the temp display and things like that. Anyone tried this?

Thanks,
Josh
We don't get many FOX cars here. I doubt we know of it being done. However, I can tell you it was standard on 89-91 LX models. the base and SC models had analog dashes.

·
Registered
18 Posts
These forums were suggested by a friend as being a good resource, so I figured I'd give it a shot. Plus it says "Mark VII" up there, so why not? :)

I'd take mine apart, but I don't wanna mess with it when I just bought it, you know? ;-)

·
11,719 Posts
1990SilverBilly said:
These forums were suggested by a friend as being a good resource, so I figured I'd give it a shot. Plus it says "Mark VII" up there, so why not? :)

I'd take mine apart, but I don't wanna mess with it when I just bought it, you know? ;-)
Yeah...I realy DON'T know why we have FOX body birds cougars and marks in this club. We should just post a link to one.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
we say that because we would like to have fox bodies and mk 7's in the club, sadly though we don't.

·
Administrator
14,210 Posts
JoelBender said:
we say that because we would like to have fox bodies and mk 7's in the club, sadly though we don't.
Well we do have a Turbo Coupe forum.. not that it's used all that much though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts