TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in need of some type of flexible non-hardening putty to seal body nuts/bolts. The putty should be something similar to the putty/sealer the factory used to seal the taillight nuts to keep water from seeping into the trunk.

I've tried a flexible seam sealer that is supposed to be kneadable by hand. But, the stuff is way too sticky -- it sticks to my fingers making it almost impossible to work with by hand. :thumbsd:

A sealer in a tube may work, but I need something that can be worked by hand for other applications such as window nuts/bolts on an antique car. These nuts/bolts also need to be sealed to keep water out of the interior.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
7,660 Posts
Butyl tape.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
17,481 Posts
For sure. When I replaced my rear bumper at the u pull it(funny story) the Mexican guy who paid for the bumper stopped me as I was about to thread on the nuts and gave me a roll of butyl tape to wrap around the stud. He's a glass installer at that yard so he had all the right stuff on hand, and by the look of it I'd say with 99% certainty that that's what Ford used.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts