TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess if you're gonna play you have to be willing to pay....

http://keepittrill.com/online/2011/09/canadian-police-seize-2million-worth-cars-street-racing-bust/

Two of the racers would run side-by-side to block other traffic going in their direction on the highway while the others cars would take off in a race, witnesses told the RCMP.
That’s because police didn’t actually catch them in the act and acted only on witness accounts. They weren’t caught on radar, video or seen by a police officer, Superintendent Norm Gaumont, RCMP officer in charge of traffic enforcement for the Lower Mainland, told the Surrey Now newspaper.
Anyone want to bet a quick search of YouTube will provide plenty of evidence...

...who police said are all under age 21.... The RCMP said most of the drivers were operating their vehicles on “N” class licenses, which means they had not yet attained full driving privileges. Only one of the drivers was the registered owner of the car they were driving, Gaumont told Surrey Now.
2007 Ferrari 599
2010 Lamborghini Gallardo
2010 Lamborghini Gallardo
2009 Lamborghini Gallardo
2009 Audi R8
2012 Nissan GT-R
2010 Nissan GT-R
2010 Nissan GT-R
2010 Maserati Turismo
2010 Maserati Turismo
2011 Mercedes SL63
2011 Mercedes SLS
2005 Aston Martin DB9
Unbelievable!!! :beek:

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
I'm just glad they didn't kill anyone. I don't get parents (if this is the case here) who buy their very young kids a sports car of that caliber. I wanted a T-bird and my dad said it had better be a v6. He had no problem with the car because he knew it was safe because he had one. After a couple years, I was allowed to go to a V8, not to say that I know it all, because I absolutely do not, but I'm glad i had the time with the V6. Oh, and on top of that, I worked for it, and I bought it, and everything for it out of my own damn pocket.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I guess when you have money coming out your ass it means nothing to have $3M worth of cars taken away. It's a slap on the wrist, mark my words they will do it again....... till they kill someone or themselves(one would hope themselves and not some innocent person trying to get home from his/her dead end job trying to make a buck to feed their family).

·
Super Moderator
11,908 Posts
Meh, that's nothing you should see the things they do in the middle east with their oil millions and gas prices of about 25 cents a gallon.

Do a YouTube search if you want to see the fun and games the Saudis and UAE kids have. I won't link videos here since street racing talk is pretty much forbidden on this site.

Just a word of warning:

In this case, since it's not any of us involved and we're talking about a police action against it I'll let it go.

We all know this sort of thing goes on, I'm not going to deny that; keep your comments on topic and keep your own stories of street racing to yourselves.

Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts