TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well.. tuesday i was driving home from school and when i came to a stop at a light i noticed smoke coming from my hood, then i smelled antifreeze burning, i was like uh-oh! so i go right home, dont even pick up my sister from her school, and i look under the hood, the res was empty and there was coolant leaking.. more like pouring out from underneath the minivan... so i had to pull out the bird (in its incomplete form) and drive that for a few days. what was shocking was.. the temp guage was normal, there was still heat coming out of the heater, but the headgaskets were leaking! well.. it was badenough the heads had to be remilled.. not to mention labor on is a b!tch cause its fwd transversly mounted motor... stay away from the chrysler 3.3! the car was almost to 90,000 miles after 4 years, and worth 1/4 of its original value... :rolleyes: about 8 months ago it was worth enough that i could have traded straight up for a 98 lsc in black. -greg

·
Johnny Five is Alive, TCCoAAC Member
1,614 Posts
Most Chrysler Engines when the headgasket leak the alum heads warp..

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
WkStill said:
Most Chrysler Engines when the headgasket leak the alum heads warp..
Been there, done that, lost my Shadow over it.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i hate chrysler's... the first minivan my family got was plagued with problems.. tranny at 30k, and then a bunch of other stuff, it was traded in a week after it was paid off... but for another chrysler minivan.. this one. this thing rides like crap, the seats are uncomfortable, and it looks really womanish... compared to other minivans. we leased a jeep in 99, went through one tranny at 15k, the second one was ready to go when traded in. the inline 6 was nice though.. torquey.. and those 0 - 60 attempts in 4lo right before turning it in... definitly fun. after that my mom went and bought ANOTHER chrysler minivan... those things are so overpriced for their quality.. my mom coulda gotten a perfectly fin windstar or venture for half the price.... i guess its how much you paid around here... not what the quality is... cant wait to get out of this richie rich town (and im not rich either, but a good number of the people here are and flaunt it...). anyways. only a matter of time before this one breaks too. -greg

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
only a few nice things came from chrysler

just a few:

1.) the Hemi..........

2.) if you a redneck, the Dukes of Hazzard.. heheh (go charger!!):D ;)

3.)the hemi...
i would say the viper.. but have you guys seen how hot it gets???

·
Registered
23 Posts
Re: only a few nice things came from chrysler

jamesD said:
just a few:

1.) the Hemi..........

2.) if you a redneck, the Dukes of Hazzard.. heheh (go charger!!):D ;)

3.)the hemi...
i would say the viper.. but have you guys seen how hot it gets???

I wouldn't buy a Hemi for a few years unless I could afford the shop time while they work the bugs out.

·
Registered
658 Posts
cant escape the hg's
Those pesky little beads of Mercury. You can never get away from them. As soon as there on the floor it seems as if they chase you around. I hate when that happens.lol

danman

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
Re: Re: only a few nice things came from chrysler

quidospork said:

I wouldn't buy a Hemi for a few years unless I could afford the shop time while they work the bugs out.
i meant the OLD hemi's.. as in the Hemi Cuda's and the Hemi Darts and such.. the new ones ain't that bad.. but.. nothing beats old age muscle in my book..

JD

1 - 9 of 9 Posts