TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the part called that is on the brake pedal that lets the gears shift out of park? My taillights won't come on and I can't get it out of park. I checked the brake fuse under that dash and everything appears ok. I've replaced this part before (a few years ago) is there anyone to bypass it and just disable it?

·
Registered
252 Posts
I had a simmilar problem like this not to long ago. Check the fuses under the hood and make sure they are all good. Mine blew and took out all elctronics inside the car and my taillights at the same time.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well everything else works, its just the brakes that are out. I'll take a look tomorrow just to make sure...thanks..any other ideas

·
motor city poster
2,029 Posts
look up on the brake pedal, if your lights dont come on, you cant come out of park, on the brake pedal under the dash is the brakelight switch, either that is bad or in my case it just came un plugged..... so check those out, its not hard to figure it out and replace it if it is plugged in and just bad.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, thats what i've replaced before and it is plugged in. That was the first thing i check, just couldn't remember the "correct" name.

? does the the brown wire go to it? for some reason i have a loose wire under my dash (been there ever since i had the alarm installed)

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
when you hit the brake do you hear like a small click noise?

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no...nothing at all. I tried to go buy ford today to get the brakelight switch, but the parts counter closed at 1....sucks

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wish they had one around here, otherwise i would. But in northern Va, your lucky to find anything that even comes close to a junk yard.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
yeah that's my guess is that its the brake switch.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts