TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Band, not the Disease!
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't get the LCA Balljoint shaft (it's threaded) that goes through the spindle. I tried a pickle fork and a BFH, but it didn't work. Any suggestions on what kind of puller to get? Where to get it? Thanks!! Anything else that will help would be kindly appreciated! Thanks!

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
did you try smacking the side of where the balljoint sits on the arm itself?

we put the old nut back on the thread a few turns and beat the hell out of it.. eventually it gave between that and the pickle fork

·
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, the balljoint bolt is beat to hell, and the LCA is beat to hell. I hope i don't screw up my endlinks... =P Can I get a puller?

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Ya just go to a parts store and buy a pit man arm puller it works great

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
I use a pitman arm puller if I'm going to reuse the balljoint. If it's getting replaced, nothing like an air hammer with the pickle fork attachment.

·
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, im gonna go to A to the Z and try to get one now. =) THanks guys ill let y aknow how it turns out

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Thats a good way to get it off too :)

Rich95XR7 said:
I use a pitman arm puller if I'm going to reuse the balljoint. If it's getting replaced, nothing like an air hammer with the pickle fork attachment.

·
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yup, pitman puller did it. I had to really wrench it, but it popped off. Other side was a breeze. Thanks fellas!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts