TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
autozone and advance auto dont have a cap and rotor with brass terminals, but o'reillys has a brass cap. who carries rotors with a brass tip?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Check the Echlin brand at NAPA! I think they still have them...

·
6,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
napa, i forgot about them. grassy arse :p

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
ford, go and ask for one for a 94-95 mustang

·
6,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, that's a last resort, justin. looks like ill be making another trip to the stealership.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
the pn is f5zz.12106.aa or motorcraft dh3221 i could sell you one for 29.66 + ship

·
Registered
118 Posts
Napa, I work at one and our store carries them. We have two lines, one is less expensive and doesn't have the brass and the other is more expensive but is better stuff. If they don't ask you, they will just assume you want the cheaper so ask for the better one.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I know that Checkers here in AZ carries the brass cap and rotor. Little more pricey because it's brass and from Checkers, but apparently worth the money. I just bought mine and still have yet to install it and find out.:zmonkey:

·
6,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
you are a little late :) i went ahead and got one from the dealer.

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
o'reilly's has 3 quality levels. the MasterPro 1yr Wrty, the Borg Warner, and the Borg Warner Select. the first two are aluminum, the first is crimped, the second is soldered, and the Select is brass soldered. the first level of BW has a P at the end of the part #. The BW Select has no P at the end of the part number, it'll just be the normal number. That will be the one you want.

-Thomas

·
6,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SplitPortBird said:
autozone sells em! they just dont sell em together as a pack.. have to buy seperately.. its a RED cap and rotor with brass
brad, i had gotten a red cap and rotor before from autozone, but now they dont have them anymore apparently. weird.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts