TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
while driving my car will try to die and then it accelerates on its own same thing on reverse , i cant drive it anywhere because it will die and its scary when it tries to speed on its own :confused:, what could it be guys ?

btw 93 sc

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they all look nice and tight and they all have zip ties on them

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Sounds like the IAC is going out. It did the same thing in my 89 when it went out, and also in my 5.0 when it did.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya i was thinking that too and some members at sccoa told me about it , but they also said that if i disconnect the iac while running the car should stall , that means it should be doing its job , mine stalls when i disconnect it.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
does it only do it when it warms up? The 89-93 design, the insides of em were plastic, the new and improved design on the 4.6l were metal. I disconnected mine too and it stalled. Let it warm up, then disconnect it.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok will try that thanks

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
my 2004 3.8 mustang used to do that...throttle would stick while slowing down or would bog down--car was in Neutral...never could quite get it right and didn't trust the stealership to not F anything up with warrentee work so didn't fix it...

·
Registered
619 Posts
my moms windstar does the same thing. im thinking it has a vaccum leak because when i first start it, it will jump up to about 2k for about 3 seconds then slowly decrease to about 1100 RPM's then will stay there for about 1 minute and hit its idle at about 700-800 rpms

any idea?

·
Registered
630 Posts
ok if it is the IAC , it should make a sound like a goose on Crack LOL and yea i agree IAC mine did the same thing about 8 month ago

·
Registered
67 Posts
another vote for the IAC. If you get a new one, make sure it specific for your car. If it doesnt look the same as stock then dont even waste your time. I know this from experience.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sry i didn't post back, mine was a ground problem , negative battery post to radiator frame ..

but then again i replaced the iac and tps when i replaced the supercharger assy from another car

·
Registered
294 Posts
ok if it is the IAC , it should make a sound like a goose on Crack LOL and yea i agree IAC mine did the same thing about 8 month ago
why do you say this? mine occasionally makes this loud humming noise that increases/decreases with a slight movement of the throttle, but a quick jab of the throttle will cause it to go away. I know my IAC is bad because I do get a high idle occasionally (only when its warmer out it seems.) I originally thought it was a small vacuum leak I had, but after replacing the line it still has done it. why would the IAC cause this?

BTW, this is on a 94 4.6, not a SC.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts