TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Earlier this week my uncle was rear ended by a mini van in the highspeed toll lane.
After he was rear ended he hit the car in front of him and was pushed under a tractor trailer truck which dragged him down the high way causing him to hit on car and t-bone the other.

Luckily he climbed out of the passenger side window with no injuries besides some bruises.
The car didn't get off too well.
2010 Honda accord they got last November was totally wrecked.
Where the van hit:

Where the semi hit:

All the way down the driver side:

The cops said the one thing that saved him was how safe the car was and that it acted the way it should have in an accident.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That looks like a bad one. Glad your uncle is alright.
My whole family is glad, we were on vacation and my aunt was staying with us and when she heard she didn't know what to do.

When my uncle told the police which car he was in his reaction was "You walked out of THAT?"
He must have had someone watching out for him.

Also if the van was going around the speed limit its 60-65 mph in the high speed tolling lane, so thats a pretty hard impact for a car that was sitting still.

·
Super Moderator
11,914 Posts
Curtain airbags are cool. :thumbsup:

The safety devices that are built into modern cars are nothing short of amazing.

Glad he's ok. That was an ugly accident.

·
Registered
613 Posts

The safety devices that are built into modern cars are nothing short of amazing.

Wow.. for sure! Glad he's okay. My son's gf just had a somewhat similar experience and nothing but bruises from a total demolish.

Speaking from my age-line that's pretty impressive. A point all old car fans should consider is that many 'fatality' vehicles were easily salvaged and rebuilt.

I saw that first hand.. my cousin was picking me up to go to a HS dance and said.. "Hey, some guy killed himself up the road" we called the sheriff and went up there and sure enough, for some reason he had run off the road and rolled and was dead as a doornail.

I remember thinking Man I'd like to buy this car, {IIRC a 56 Fairlane 500} It was barely damaged.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

The curtain airbags probably helped a lot, if he didn't have those the semi tires would have been right there.
And wearing his seat belt saved him I'm sure.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Glad to hear [and somewhat surprised] that your uncle is fine,it is truely amazing. What about the folks in the other vehicles?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Glad to hear [and somewhat surprised] that your uncle is fine,it is truely amazing. What about the folks in the other vehicles?
One other person was taken to the hospital.
No serious injuries, and he's damn lucky too cause he was in the van that hit my uncle.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Good to hear that your uncle was ok. Unfortunate that your uncle had to endure the accident, I do know first hand that being rear ended however makes you a very paranoid driver for a while.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good to hear that your uncle was ok. Unfortunate that your uncle had to endure the accident, I do know first hand that being rear ended however makes you a very paranoid driver for a while.
Yeah, a family friend was involved in a hit and run, and she can't stand to be at a red light or sitting in the road waiting to turn.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts