TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are some car audio guru's here that can help me out. My friend has got a 98 Eclipse Spyder that he's looking to put some car-audio goodies in. Trunk space is a big consideration. Anybody have some prior experience with putting stereos in these. I figured one good 10 and an amp would do him good, but I've never dealt with convertibles before. Any and all help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
664 Posts
It's going to be hard to get a Convertable to hit hard with bass, you're going to need a high rms amp and sub combo to have a good sound, trust me, we did two HX2's in my friends LeBaron convert and I did a 2x HE2 in my moms Mustang

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
YEh, I figured high spl is out of the question. I told him that if he was looking for some better low end, to get something like an 10" infinity kappa (or kappa perfect), sealed enclosure, and a powerful amp. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Subs under the seats... Some good components with good bass will help too. I do like how my friend's Audiobahn 6.5"s sound. He doesn't even want to spend $30 on a pair of Clarion 4x6"s I have for the back because he says the fronts sound so good. And they do. A lot better than my Clarions. But I'd preffer more back fill. But they do sound nice. He had thought about subs, too, but decided he had enough bass for his regular cab Chevy.

·
Registered
653 Posts
93pimpin said:
Subs under the seats... Some good components with good bass will help too. I do like how my friend's Audiobahn 6.5"s sound. He doesn't even want to spend $30 on a pair of Clarion 4x6"s I have for the back because he says the fronts sound so good. And they do. A lot better than my Clarions. But I'd preffer more back fill. But they do sound nice. He had thought about subs, too, but decided he had enough bass for his regular cab Chevy.
People here rip on Audiobahns. :tongue: But I like them, too. 2 Audiobahn 6x8s in my rears provide my bass until I get my subs put in.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Some Audiobahns are okay, but I wouldn't do all Audiobahn. If you've seen the pair of 6.5" woofers in that ported-to-hell box getting 200wt. rms., you'd be amazed. They had people thinking it's a pair of 12"s. Moved about as much stuff as my Brahma! Well...maybe a little less... :D

·
Registered
653 Posts
My 6x8s are 110RMS and people are impressed by how much those little things hit. I have them set to bass-only. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts