TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OKay guys I am looking for a car cover for my car, must be for outside use. Any good sites? I found a good one for $110 from cover rite.

Also do you guys vote for hood protector or full bra? Also where can I get these? Thanks very much!!

Car it is for 1994 SC.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
You should not be using a car cover if the car is outdoors.

The cover moving in the wind is enough to chaffe the paint.

The car is better off indoors :).

Your other question - get the full bra! I have very little experience with car bra's, but the CoverCraft bra I bought for the Marquis is very nice - soft backing, nice tight fit, and thick vinyl.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

Thanks soop those links worked really well I think I am going to get the Colgan car bra.

MercCougarXR7--I wish I had a garage for it but I don't so I am going to get a good car cover none of those cheap vinyl ones....

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Hey, I have the same dilema - have to keep my car outside :( . Few words of advice - I got a size 3 cover and it was too small (maybe just cuz of body kit), but no place had a size 4 in the ood ones. Another option is this carport thing I am gonna get. It is $160 and it uses metal piping w/ fittings and tarps to make a sort of "garage" for your car. watch out for the cover blowing away, hold it down with something.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Bras are fine for trips, but if used for daily use, you will damage the paint from the wind moving it a little all the time the car is moving. If you are set on using one all the time, clean the front of the car good, and then put 3 coats of wax on it. It will give the hood some protection. Pull the bra off once a month, and wash and rewax.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts