TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need some help does anybody have access to a car fax report i recently purchased a 94 sc and I'm begenning to think its been in a accident well i know its been in a accident but i want to try to find out if its been declared totalled. the car lot i bought the car from didnt tell me it was an accident or totalled. and the guy is kinda shaddy. my vin # is 1falp64r1rh155942.........if anybody can help please do.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just do what I did....pay to get the report and then request your money back. They tricked me into thinking there was something wrong with my car, but when I paid and viewed the info it was just garbage about where it was sold.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Lots of cars are involved in accidents, most of them are never declared or documented, even though they went through insurance companies. The dealership could very well have not known themselves and cant disclose what they dont know. My 93 SC was the same way. Carfax is kind of useless though, if your title is clean, carfax wont tell you anything else usefull other than when it was bought and sold.

·
Registered
63 Posts
1. ACCIDENT CHECK

Total Loss Check No Severe Accidents Reported to DMV - GUARANTEED!
Other Accident Indicators No Accident Indicators Reported
2. MILEAGE ACCURACY CHECK

Truth-In-Mileage Check No Odometer Problems Reported to DMV - GUARANTEED!
Odometer Rollback Check No Potential Odometer Rollback Found
Mileage Consistency Check No Inconsistent Odometer Reading Found
3. LEMON CHECK®
No Manufacturer Buyback Reported to DMV - GUARANTEED!
4. OWNERSHIP CHECK

Number of Owners 4 Estimated Owner(s)
Type of Owners Originally Registered as a Rental Vehicle
5. RECALL CHECK
No Open Recall(s) Reported

There's your answer, never totaled, may have been wrecked, and it was a rental before you got it.

This came from the vin you posted.

As always, run the vin before you buy!

I'm not trying to rub salt in the wound but just proving a point.

I went through five before I finally bought!!

Good luck.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Wow, a rental SC? I missed out back when they rented Tbirds.....

My 93LX was a rental car for the first 10,000 miles of its life, could help explain why the engine blew at 100K.

·
Registered
35 Posts
If it was a rental you may really be screwed! Before I bought my '96 'bird I looked at a 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee. After a test drive the dealer met me at the door with a Carfax report -- everything was clean. To make a long story short the Jeep had been a rental and had been in a rather serious rear ender. Being a rental the 'owner' was self insured. They paid for the repairs and no reports were ever filed. The dealer swore that they didn't know but did admit that they had bought the car at an absolute auction. Carfax -- usually too stiff and too slick to use as toilet paper! Red

·
Registered
484 Posts
Most rental companies cant sell their vehicles to private buyers after they have been wrecked, too much liability. thats why they auction them off to another dealer and they can sell them to whoever they want.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts