TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The tbird used to over heat after five miles, so i parked it. It had sat for.two years only being drove around the block for HOA rules. About three months ago i started and drove to work. Got about 5 milez and it.sounded like a gear driven blower. But no blower. It smoked.and the belt started to squeal. I parked it and left it. Next day off found green puddle undernieth. Turns out the water pump had split, it only leaked when hot. And it poured all over the tensioner and idler pullies and alternator and battery. I got the water pump off in ten pieces, three housing parts and the rest were crumbled pieces of the impeller. I had to pound the pullies off. I figured out the altenator bad because it.sparked after i started the car. Only putting out 7 volts!!?!?. Dont understand how, anyway new battery, used alternator, idler pully, tensioner, water pump, about 1000 gallonsof water to get the crap out. There is one thing i dont get, before this the tbird would accelerate hard when cold. Now when i stomp on it when temp.gauge bottomed out, it reves but hesitates. After it reaches just past 1/4 i stomp on it, the tire acctually break loose. And it rockets away...my 94 or either of my 95s never did this. Anyway, feels good to have it back on the road.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts