TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In Neutral or park the car is idling around 600-650. In drive it is in the 500 range. How low can the thing idle before I have stall problems?

what are you guys idling at?

Mike

·
Registered
855 Posts
i'm runnin w/o pullies as well and idle around 650 in N / P and 450-500 in D.........don't think you have anything to worry about.

·
Ohio TCCoA
863 Posts
You can get a inject tech chip from Dennis. He can program the car to idle higher. Alot of guys had done this after pully install. This will fix your problem and you will also get the performance upgrades to boot.

later,
jay

·
Registered
573 Posts
Spidey's right- I had UD pulleys for about 2 yrs before I got my chip, and I'd have people in the car telling me it was gonna stall any second. It will go pretty low(less than 500), but the computer will keep it running- I never stalled...
When Dennis did my chip, I asked for a slightly higher idle to compensate for the pulleys, and it's been fine. Actually, it took a liitle getting used to having a higher idle again.:p

Peter

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
check with the pulley maker...usually they will disclose where it has full charge. Usually not more than 1000rpms.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Peter M,
nice car. have any more pics? email me one if you can. may do a paint job next year.

Mike ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts