TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I went by the shop this morning and they've got the bird mostly put back together. I took a couple of pics just so people could see....

Pictures in that light and from that angle really don't do it justice. I'll have more tomorrow and Sunday. Oh and BTW, the two whites are slightly different colors. The new is a brighter color. It'll all be painted to match, but not right this minute.

And yes, I'm shaving the trunk emblems and lock. We just ran out of time.

·
Registered
658 Posts
That is awesome.
It is such a good look for that car.

danman

·
MN12 Fanatic
1,459 Posts
Looks pretty good! And I love that 'Thunderbird' lettering in the bumper. Can't wait to see pics of it all finished up!

:D

·
Registered
140 Posts
Looks Good

·
Registered
93 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I think it's going to be sharp when all is said and done. But i have a suspicion it's going to somehow look naked to me...

I've seen shaved mn12s before, but never a 96-97...i'm interested to see how it turns out overall.

·
Registered
107 Posts
It looks awesome! I've seen in pictures that some people shave the door handles, but never have in person. Where do you open the doors from?

·
MN12 Fanatic
1,459 Posts
They use popers. You just push a button that goes on your keychain to open them. Pretty neat!

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
While I do enjoy racing, I have to drive more than 4 hours to get to a track. I'll forego the ability to race to have what I want. I'm lucky to get to run more than once or twice a year anyway.

I do have some tentative plans in the go fast department, but I had the chance to do the showy mods first.

BTW, the shocks/springs are on and it looks GREAT! I've only driven for like an hour and am already getting compliments on it.

Unfortunately it was raining here all day Saturday and Sunday so I couldn't get the pics I need. I'll try tomorrow......sorry J-Rob.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Wow. Now that really is beautiful. I like the white color because it is complimented by the black trim that goes over the roof along the doors. Always have thought that looked good on a light color. Nicely done. :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts