TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay well when ever i hit 37-45 mph my car will start to studder. I already changed the tranny fluid to mercon V and it is still dong it. The car does this only when the RPMs drop while accelerating. Almost likes it not getting enough air into the system. Any thoughts/suggestions?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Heck, Im pretty tempted to jump on that TC lol.

Edit: Very tempting lol I find myself creating a paypal account right now lol

·
Registered
98 Posts
Master, you have a pm. :)

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
When you drained the transmission, was TC drained and filled with Mercon V?

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Have you checked the balance on your wheels?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I honestly don't think that the Trans is slipping, due to the fact that it happens at those general speeds, I am almost positive it is the TC. Any recommendations for a new TC?
When my TC slipped it had always been at certain speeds and even certain places on the road. Downshifting before hand always prevented it until I installed a chip that somehow alleviated the issue with higher line pressure I believe. I'll still need a new TC but it can at least wait a little longer.

Besides the TC and wheels you may want to have the driveshaft balanced.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
^^ This is true. Just from hearing the symptoms I think its a misfire under load since it only happens when accelerating at low RPMs. I vote for plug wires or possibly a coil that is going bad. It may just be time to tune the car up again (air and fuel filter, plugs, wires, clean MAF).

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well he says that when accelerating and the rpms drop, that means it's happening during a shift.....there is no way the tc is locked during a shift, so I still say slipping trans....unless he lied in the description of the problem
No, it does not. Its while im in a gear, not shifting... If i let the rpms stay at 1500 and i accelerate the rpms drop a little and i get a little bit of bucking. When I press on the brake with my left foot, it solves the problem.

As for the tune up. I checked the coils, wires, and changed the plugs and cleaned the MAF.

Does anyone know how to test a TPS?

1 - 20 of 181 Posts