TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
working on my girlfriends mothers car.

1998 saturn sl sedan. 1.9L

she was having trouble with no heat. so i changed thermostat and did a flush n fill.

has a steady tempature. less than half. has decent heat but isnt 100%. unless i hold the idle at 2,000RPM.

anybody got any ideas?

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
Clogged heater core possibly. My GM does this every winter .. take the hoses off and back flush it at the core. :tongue:

Change thermostat if car is Overheating and the radiator is cold .. otherwise that wont do anything for the heater.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Death-cool strikes again. Back flush the gunk out of the heater core.

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
.. no kidding. This month I have already changed 2 water pumps on 06 or newer Chevys, a 6.0 Escelade and a 5.3 Tahoe. Less than 100k miles and they leak this slimy pink stuff they call coolant. I wont even get started on the stepper motors for the gauges.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Sounds like my brothers 2000 saturn sl 1.9l last year. He tried the cardboard trick with no luck. We pulled off the heater hoses and flushed the heater core itself.. We flushed it like 3-4 times just to make sure... Hooked everything back up and its like having a bon fire in the car now.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Isnt that the truth!! I had a 95 Saturn sw2 and I had to CONSTANTLY clean the coolant resivoir because of the gunk that would build up from dex-crap. I can just imagine what the insides looked like.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts