TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To anyone who can answer this. Every time i start my car and leave work for example my car lags in acceleration and doesnt wanna shift correctly but when it gets warmed up and driven for a little bit its fine. Anyone know what the problem could be??

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just had a very similar problem with my 95 bird. Have you cleaned the MAF lately? Once I cleaned mine the problem went away and hasn't come back.
Hopefully that helps.
Leggo

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya thats what i thought it might be. Just thought i would let some of you guys answer it :) thanks i'll take a look at it and see if it works

·
Registered
43 Posts
Mine does that sometimes after work or in the mornings when I just jump into and back up...it shakes and about dies...I have to stop for a few seconds then it kicks in, no problems after that at all. Think that may be the maf also?

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It could be i cleaned it last week. There was a good amount of gunk on it and it cleared up my problems. I would just give it a try cant hurt anything :)

·
Banned
3,083 Posts
I have that prob with my '94 as well, cleaned the maf, new plugs, etc...I think the computer must take like 15 minutes to complete its "Boot" cycle...LOL, that is my only guess...or maybe our computers are like....pre-pentiums?!? Ok, sorry for the bad joke, but I had to :D

·
Confirmed V6 Nut
2,261 Posts
Guys, I don't know how to check it, but if your IAC is crap, your cold engine and idle will be problems.

I used to have codes, engine shaking, and all sorts of crap. Turned out both my MAF was shot and my IAC. Now my engine runs smooth as silk.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts