TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last summer my car began makeing this vibration when I made sharp right turns only. After driving it on stock wheels 15X7 , old rims 17X7, and new wheels 17X8's it still vibrates. Just curious to what this might be. I first thought maybe a tire rubbing but its not, now my guess is that it might be one of my CV shafts or my rear end. If anyone knows what this might be or has experianced the same thing please help. thanks :)

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
Larry do you have a trac lok rear or open? If you have a lock it could be the rear end clutch packs slipping to compensate for the diferent speed of each axle around a corner

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the FRPP rear end with the 373's Is trac lok the same as POSI. If it is then I have trac lok the rear end isnt that old though maybe 3000 miles on it.

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
Yep POSI is the same thing. I don't think anything is wrong with it they need to slip a little so the car will go around corners but it could produce a vibration.....or it could be something else completely:)

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah when I get some time I want to take a look and see what might be doing it, sometimes these things are the hardest problems to figure out because you can only do it when your driveing thanks for the help :)

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no tranny just had that replaced and its only right turns I think if it was tranny it would do it both ways. thanks anyway :) Im going to check my have shafts its not really that bad I think it might be better now

·
8,239 Posts
check the wheelbearings in the rear. My bet is they are due for being replaced.

If you do one, just do them all.

JH

1 - 8 of 8 Posts