TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Q#1
Not sure if this is in the correct forum, but if not I'm sure someone will let me know. I noticed last night that while the car is parked I can push it about 1/2 foot. I know that alittle play is acceptable but this seems like alot to me. Is there anything I can adjust or tighten?
Q#2.
I can be driving along around 35-45 mph and all is well, then the engine slowly revs up about a 1000 rpm more than it was, and the car feels like it is in neutral but only for a second or two, then it "catches" and all is fine again. None of this is sudden, or "violent", just slow and calm. Is there hope for this tranny???? Or should I, at the junkyard tomorrow get another one and get it rebuilt?

Lee"trying to get my bird to fly"Buxbaum

·
Registered
72 Posts
sounds like lack of fluid.
My car was pulling our of gear on the freeway and i had to rev it waaay up to get it back in gear.
it was leaking really bad and had like 1 quart of fluid in it tho.
I blew it last week. turns out the Dealership i had taken it to loosened the extention housing bolts for some retarded reason. and it was dumping all the fluid i put in right out.
Its getting rebuild this coming week tho.
wish i had enough for a Dennis Tranny. but 1750 after shipping is too much.
considering im getting a rebuild with 1 year warranty for 830 shipping included.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts