TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
car has a little over 100k on it and the i don't know what the cars problem is. Recently it has lost power and when i get on the gas when im driving it especially on the highway sometimes when i take off from a stop the car jerks back and forth. It accelerates but its very unsmooth. It is almost like a chugging. it is more apparent when the car is warmed up. the plugs and wires were replaced months ago and the maf was cleaned a few days ago. im not sure what to check next. i don't know if the tranny would be the problem. It is almost like a rocking feeling when accelerating. like you are rocking back and forth. sometimes when i fire the car up after it has been sitting for a while it idles a little rough too. i think the engine could be missing and its just more noticable under heavy acceleration, thats when its the most noticable. i also tossed some injector cleaner in there but no luck yet

·
Registered
97 Posts
i had sort of the same problem with mine i changed the plugs, wires, maf, and all the vacuum lines, it worked great after that untill about 3 months later when i blew my tranny

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
I vote bad maf sensor.

Disconnect it and take it on a test drive.

It may trip the Check Engine Light, so do the Fuse 15 reset procedure.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got the brand new fuel filter in there like a week ago so thats not the problem. Im just praying that its not a bad tranny. I don't know what a tranny that is slipping feels like. Could that be what i am describing?

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
OK, time for a repeat post here;

Unplug the MAF sensor and take it on a test drive.

Post the results here !

I wouldn't be too concerned about it being your tranny at this point.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks i saw that post. I will try that when i get back down to my car, I am in school right now. I will post the results of that. Thanks for the ideas

1 - 7 of 7 Posts