TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'92 Sport. The pads look fine, and I replaced the rotors for measure. No change.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Mine is doing the same thing only to the right.
The alignment guy I took it to said it was off just abit and that would exagerate the pull when braking. Of course he didn't set the alignment because he was to busy and I haven't made an appointment yet. i'll let you know if it helps

·
Registered
303 Posts
A caliper is probably sticking. The slides need to be lubed well. Possibly the piston is binding on one side, but not likely as this doesn't happen all that often.

·
Registered
298 Posts
You either have something worn in the suspension, strut rod bushing, tie rods etc.

OR, you have a sticking caliper.

A really cheap and easy way to try and fix it is to rpelace your caliper slide pins on the left side and see if that helps. Lube them with synthetic greese.

I assume you tried bleeding the system?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That funny, because the bleed screws wont turn at all. :eek:

·
Registered
298 Posts
L33TX43RT said:
That funny, because the bleed screws wont turn at all. :eek:
They seize up. Clean them good with brake cleaner and then use a little liquid wrench.

If you don't know how to deal with stuck hardware then you shouldn't be messing with your break system.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know how to deal with it. It was 90F outside, yesterday. I didn't feel like working on it, then.

·
The Band, not the Disease!
3,090 Posts
Brakes are extremley easy... from jacking the car up, to wiping all the crap off of my tools, it took me about 30 minutes, no air tools.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Could also be brake lines, if a line on one side is clogged or restrictive the car will pull to the opposite side, because the brakes will apply faster on the unclogged side.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts