TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my car wants to push to the left when I accelerate but I can't seem to figure out what would cause this. I've looked around under the car and it seems like everything is tight and looks ok but I'm lost on what it might be. I have the poly IRS bushings and they're tight and I have the 1-1/4" rear sway bar and the endlinks are fine and tight. I had 3.73 gears put in my trac-loc 8 or so years ago and they've seen alot of abuse and track time.

Could the trac-loc be going on me causing it to push my car to the left ? I had my car on the dyno about a month ago and the rear wanted to wiggle around a bit on there too. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. I don't want to go to the track till I figure out what's going on.

Thanks,
Jon

·
Super Moderator
10,588 Posts
Check the rubber bushings that hold the rear suspension cradle to the car body, and see if they have been moving.

Another possibility is the toe correctors on the front of the rear lower arm.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone else have any ideas that might cause my car to do this ? I've had the suspension all checked out by 2 shops and they said everything looked fine and then I had a 4 wheel alignment done and that didn't help either. It's most noticeable on the 1-2 shift when I'm really on the gas.

·
Registered
64 Posts
It sounds like your track loc is going bad and your right tire is spinning faster than the left. If I really get on it with my open diff it will swing the rear of the car to the right, pointing me left, too:thumbsup:

The clutch pack that locks the rear axle are likely spent. You can find rebuild kits for ford 8.8 trak-loc online.

·
Super Moderator
9,253 Posts
I'm thinking along the lines of dying diff as well. Can't think of anything else!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The track-lock is what I've been thinking too. Is there any way for a shop to tell if the clutches in there are bad or do they pretty much have to tear it all apart to find out ? Guess if it is the track-loc then I'll have to upgrade to the 4.10 gears while they've got it apart. LOL

·
Registered
219 Posts
dying trac loc / diff . torque steer ? not in rear drive , unless you got 4 wheel steering . although i geuss you could consider the car sliding round during a 1 tire fire or burnout torque steer ..........................

·
Registered
663 Posts
do rear wheel drive cars get torque steer?
Torque steer is prevalent in wrong wheel drive cars where the half shafts are of unequal length, not so in our irs. Torque steer is caused when the gas (or in wrong wheel drive the nos) is really nailed the longer one twists more than the shorter one causing the shorter side to burst forward forcing the car to turn. Our halfshafts are the same length so this is not an issue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts