TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

Is there anyone here that can help me wire up a CD Player for my bird? I am getting a wire adapter, so it should be pretty easy for whoever can give me a hand with it. Its just a CD payer, nothing too fancy.

Thanks!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Guys,

Is there anyone here that can help me wire up a CD Player for my bird? I am getting a wire adapter, so it should be pretty easy for whoever can give me a hand with it. Its just a CD payer, nothing too fancy.

Thanks!
I could help, as long as you have wire drawings to fall back on. I put mine in 7 years ago, but I could still handle it. Let me know when you need the help.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I get the radio and pieces, I will let you know. :)

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
hey man, i'm not local....i just saw the title.

if you get the aftermarket harness, the wires are labeled as to what they are. match those to the corresponding wires on the radio (also labeled in a drawing im sure) and you should be all set.

·
Registered
514 Posts
they should be color coded if you buy a wire harness..Then all you have to do is match green solid to green solid, green/black to green/back ect ect...

·
Listening on 141.850 mHz!
829 Posts
I'm not bad either when it comes to wiring up car stereos, are you getting new speakers too? The factory speakers are good to show to the garbage man.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I'm not bad either when it comes to wiring up car stereos, are you getting new speakers too? The factory speakers are good to show to the garbage man.
Actually, stock premium speakers are not half bad, when I worked for FORD, they tweaked the stock ones to sound just as good as aftermarket. I have mine on a high pass filter, so I do not get any bass from them.

·
Listening on 141.850 mHz!
829 Posts
Then they must have changed up a bit since I last pulled the 2 pairs out of my ride! All 4 of them had brittle paper cones, and every car before then had them too.

I've got Infinity Kappa 682.7cf 2-way 6x8s with the adjustable tweeters at all 4 spots and they sound great!

Glad to hear that Ford is making strides in audio and telematics as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts