TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I was driving around town with my AC on. When driving I can here strange noises like in the rear seat in my Explorer. Like a SLIGHT buzz, very faint, not to often. I turn off the AC and it stops.

When I made it to my destination and I was parallel parking, I heard it again and then I felt like a buzzing on my butt... I parked took the keys out of the ignition and :eek: the car was still running.. My entire electrical system was working normal with the keys in my hand.. dash flickered a little... put the keys back in and turned the ignition and nothing, pulled the keys out and stayed on still. I then turned off the AC.. and turned the car right off.

Yikes!!!

Any ideas? Clues?

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I spoke to flex-a-light and it looks like my control module is sending voltage back to my "ignition on" fuse when it gets to operating temp. I'm going to install a diode in line of the fuse so the voltage doesn't come back.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Got to love the millions of wires in new cars. Glad it didnt go up in smoke. One of my car club member cars went up from his amp. Everything ran fine just the billows of smoke from the amp when the car was on. Somthing was shorting out inside the amp and melted the 12 guage wire he was using on it. I told him it was too small of wire and too big of fuse for a 1500 watt amp. It burned from front to rear that while he was asleep. Just wanted to share and let you know how lucky you were to find it so soon.

Edit: That guy wasnt the shinest quarter in the bunch.

·
Registered
141 Posts
silverbird97 said:
Got to love the millions of wires in new cars. Glad it didnt go up in smoke. One of my car club member cars went up from his amp. Everything ran fine just the billows of smoke from the amp when the car was on. Somthing was shorting out inside the amp and melted the 12 guage wire he was using on it. I told him it was too small of wire and too big of fuse for a 1500 watt amp. It burned from front to rear that while he was asleep. Just wanted to share and let you know how lucky you were to find it so soon.

Edit: That guy wasnt the shinest quarter in the bunch.
I would think that shinier quarters would be less experienced at being money and therefor more likely to screw up than a good ole 1976 quarter that has been around and seen some things. Just my opinion on quarters.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts