TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
your lean codes is from additional air coming into the engine from somewhere. u have more air than fuel. thus causing your lean code. first thing i would do is to check for vacuum leaks and then make sure the maf is clean. reset your pcm and if it comes back on have your O2 sensors monitored to see if they need to be changed.
just from alittle bit of experience from working at ford.

·
Registered
18 Posts
lean

Are you leaning at part throttle-full throttle? When did it start? After chip or maf change? Could be calibration issue w/maf/dirty maf? Have you checked fuel psi? Fuel filter? Injectors dirty? Need a little more info to help w/diagnosis.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have no intake leaks....

I have a different MAF, and a chip....But, the chip was supposed to be calibrated for additional air....

I will have to check on the O2 sensors, injectors, and such. I just figured if it was bad O2 sensors I'd get a code saying so.

Does anyone make aftermarket O2 sensors, or anything like that?

I also don't know if the code is coming up all the time or only at WOT. The check engine light is on, and I went to the zone, and I got 2 "system is too lean" codes in my face.

How much does it cost to get computers re flashed? And would I have to get rid of my chip in order to do so?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts