TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok im finishing up doing my explorer swap. I pull out my fuel pump fuse and the car runs ok for about 30 seconds then it gets rough and then dies. I put the fuse back in and it starts right up for about 2 seconds and dies, and i can smell fuel. So then i pull the fuse and start it and it will run for another 30 seconds gets rough and dies out. I rencently upgraded to a 190 pump and 24 pound injectors. What the hell could be going on here? The only thing i think it could be is the regulator.

-Derrick-

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
it dying after 30 secs is def normal i would say. The lines would be charged with enough pressure to keep the injectors with enough fuel to keep the car running. When u put the fuse back in the injector may be confused i guess and only charge for a second and not completely charge the lines. If it runs fine with the fuse in i would leave it in and not play around.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
no thats the problem it WON'T run with the fuse in at all. Thats why i yanked it in the first place just to see what it would do.

-Derrick-

·
Registered
493 Posts
Did you try flipping the ignition OFF-ON-OFF-ON-OFF-ON a couple of times to prime the pump/lines before starting it?

·
Geek w/Gearhead Complex
2,299 Posts
might want to check to be sure the pressure is actually getting to the injectors by letting a little bit out with that valve ...I forget what its called. Have a rag nearby, you'll need it.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Check the pressure to make sure it's not way too high. If it's running well above 40, the 24lb injectors could be flooding the engine. I assume you retuned the whole thing after you added the injectors so FPR is the only thing I can think of.

Dan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts