TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, the wife and I have a bun in the oven due Sept 3(yeah labor day). Just curious what we should be looking for in a car seat and if anybody has had one in the back of an 04-08 super cab f150.

Thanks!
David

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Congrats!

Your whole world is about to be totally about car seats! The convertible one that has a base so it sits backwards, then when the little one grows you flip it around, then the monster one with 5 point harness, then the booster, then just the base to keep them high enough that the seat belt doesn't go across their face, then college.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Congrats!

Your whole world is about to be totally about car seats! The convertible one that has a base so it sits backwards, then when the little one grows you flip it around, then the monster one with 5 point harness, then the booster, then just the base to keep them high enough that the seat belt doesn't go across their face, then college.
That about sums it up, I got nothing to add. On the flip side congrats on the coming addition to your family.

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,670 Posts
Hey folks, the wife and I have a bun in the oven due Sept 3(yeah labor day). Just curious what we should be looking for in a car seat and if anybody has had one in the back of an 04-08 super cab f150.

Thanks!
David
I can't speak for that generation F150, but my brother in law had issues with his 01 Super Cab F150 and a car seat. It's in, but the passenger seat has to be by the dash in order for the car seat to sit on the base - atleast from what he told me.

Also, the wife and I got a Graco car seat/base/stroller combo thing and it's worked out very well. Then we just bought a second base to put into another vehicle, whether it was the SC or grandparents or whomever. That way we didn't have to take the base out of the Taurus all the time.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
I can't speak for that generation F150, but my brother in law had issues with his 01 Super Cab F150 and a car seat. It's in, but the passenger seat has to be by the dash in order for the car seat to sit on the base - atleast from what he told me.

Also, the wife and I got a Graco car seat/base/stroller combo thing and it's worked out very well. Then we just bought a second base to put into another vehicle, whether it was the SC or grandparents or whomever. That way we didn't have to take the base out of the Taurus all the time.
if they put it in the middle of the rear seat(safest place for the kid and seat), then they wouldn't have that problem.

and to the op, congrats! is this yalls first?
We are having our 3rd come this August.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
gotcha thanks everybody for the advice and congrats. yeah this will be our first of many. plan is at least 4 :) time to bring back the large farmer family :) We both work in town then I farm with dad as well. we only run 360 acres but he's worked in town all his life as well so everything is paid for

1 - 6 of 6 Posts