TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this show worth going to see? I'm using it as an excuse to get out of some yard chores this weekend... :)

·
Registered
127 Posts
doodaa said:
Is this show worth going to see? I'm using it as an excuse to get out of some yard chores this weekend... :)
Actually the show is in New Orleans, Lakefront area, not far from Metairie though!

As far as I know, It's a great event in a great area of the city.....bring the fishing pole, right across the street is the Lake.

If I could tell you one thing, New Orleans has changed sinced the last time you were here, crime is a great concern. Just be careful and beware of your surroundings, not so much at the event, but in the French Quarter area.

Are you going to be in town on Saturday, as I may be able to ride over for a few hours?

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry I missed this before I left...

We were in town Saturday around 5 ish. Stayed in Metarie, had dinner at R&O's (was it you or Scott recommended that? Thanks). Met Scott (and the Cougar) at the show on Sunday but didn't get any fishing in. ;)

We manage to get over that way once or twice a year, my fiance loves the French Quarter and I like to eat. :) I don't worry too much about the crime in the Quarter, it's around the edges that make me nervous. I'm 400 lbs, kind of paranoid (I stay alert) and usually the designated driver (sober) so I don't have too much trouble, even the panhandlers steer clear. Due for a haircut and beard trim so I looked even crazier than usual...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts