TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cougar died on friday, couldn't figure out what it was. It stalled in the middle of a turn and wouldnt start for 10 minutes got it started and it died again, I was able to get it started and I limped it home with a terrible idle. Got it in the drive way and it died and that was it , wouldnt start again. I change the air filter and cleaned the IAC thinking that may be causing it, it was filthy and a lot of crap came out of it. Still no better, so I replaced it and that didnt help. So I started trouble shooting and I figured I would try the MAF I unplugged it and the car started and ran like crap ( just as it should with out the maf, I plugged it back in and it died. I brought the iac back and got a new maf and it worked fine. So If you have that trouble give this a try. Hope this helps someone out.

·
Administrator
8,249 Posts
Glad to hear you got it going. Did you try cleaning the MAF first before you replaced it?

Joe

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, I tried that at the same time I cleaned the tb and the iac. I only paid 98$ for the brand new maf so I got lucky.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts