TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after sitting parked for a few days, my 97 thunderbird has developed a problem. after youy start it up and try to drive off, it feels like teh car is trying to die. I did this a few times earlier this year, but it started doing it really bad. The car has no problems after it gets warmed up, but if you jsut get in, start and start teh car it acts like its going to die. I just reciently changed the sparkplugs(32C's) and the plug wires. I only run the car on 93octane. Its been smelling pretty bad, but i jsut figured that to be a bad cat, and i was planning on doing the exhaust in a few weeks, so i didnt think twice about it. The car is not showing a CEL or SES light. I did reciently wash the engine off, but that was a week or two ago, and i drove it plenty of times since then.

Ihave no clue where to start. Any ideas?

·
Registered
630 Posts
Birdman232 said:
Well after sitting parked for a few days, my 97 thunderbird has developed a problem. after youy start it up and try to drive off, it feels like teh car is trying to die. I did this a few times earlier this year, but it started doing it really bad. The car has no problems after it gets warmed up, but if you jsut get in, start and start teh car it acts like its going to die. I just reciently changed the sparkplugs(32C's) and the plug wires. I only run the car on 93octane. Its been smelling pretty bad, but i jsut figured that to be a bad cat, and i was planning on doing the exhaust in a few weeks, so i didnt think twice about it. The car is not showing a CEL or SES light. I did reciently wash the engine off, but that was a week or two ago, and i drove it plenty of times since then.

Ihave no clue where to start. Any ideas?

well my super coupe does it when i go from park to rev/ or drive so i know how ya feel sometimes it even dies ....??? i think it has somthign to do with the idle or tranny , but dont hold me to it im tsill trying to figure it out my self

1 - 3 of 3 Posts