TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Car stalled after wash...now it won't shift out of 1st gear. PleaseHelp-Daily Driver

I went to the car wash...automatic with an underbody wash. On the way home, my bird stalled at a stoplight. It took a few tries to start it up again and when it did my OD light was very dimmly lit and it was hesitating when hitting the throttle. Then it wouldn't shift outta first gear but I can manually shift in to 2nd. Strange thing is that no matter what speed I'm driving, as soon as I let off of the gas the RPMs drop to about 1000...even at 35 mph in 1ST GEAR!
Seems like a sensor or something shorted out...but what would it be to cause tranny problems and also stall out the engine? Help? Please......

·
Registered
192 Posts
I had a similar problem last time I went through the car wash. After coming out of the wash, my OD light kept switching on, dropping the car out of OD. If I hit the switch, it would go back into OD, but then a few seconds later, it would drop out again.

The next day all was well, so I figure something under there got moisture in it.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Please help..anyone...it's my daily driver and my mode of transportion for work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts