TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed the fuel pump after it kept cutting out. When I put the new one in it does the same thing run for a second then die. I can here something cycling under the hood. I not sure whatit is any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well i went on to auto zone.com and it said that the ccrm is the same in a 97-98 tracer. It just so happenes that i have one in my drive way. Well I tryed the ccrm and same results the car runs for a second then dies. I used an obd2 reader and there no codes. The ccrm clicks and the fuel pump cycles. Could this be the main comp. I really dont know what to do.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Good day,
Did you replace the filter? Do you have a fuel pressure gauge? I would imagine the pump is building up the pressure, but can't maintain it as fast as the engine needs it due to poor fuel flow... The easiest way to verify if it is the fuel issue is to spray some fuel into the intake... once started, it will pull the fuel in the intake until it runs out... It will not change from the way it is now (electrical issue) or it will run longer (fuel flow issue)...

Good luck!!

Cheers!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Good day,
Did you replace the filter? Do you have a fuel pressure gauge? I would imagine the pump is building up the pressure, but can't maintain it as fast as the engine needs it due to poor fuel flow... The easiest way to verify if it is the fuel issue is to spray some fuel into the intake... once started, it will pull the fuel in the intake until it runs out... It will not change from the way it is now (electrical issue) or it will run longer (fuel flow issue)...

Good luck!!

Cheers!!

Ill try that tonight thanks. The fuel filter was the frist thing i replaced.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cant hurt to try if you can somehow get yir hands on 1
I dont have one laying around i was thinking about trying one off ebay so hopefuly that will fix it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts