TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced my fuel filter this afternoon. I followed the procedure where you disconnect the switch in the trunk while the car is running and let it run out of gas. I've gotten the fuel filter in and it's facing the right direction. At least I think it's facing the right direction as the end labeled "out" is facing towards the engine. I've plugged the switch back in, but my car won't start now. Am I forgetting something?

It's a 1994 Cougar 3.8L

·
Registered
484 Posts
ive never ran the car out of gas befour changeing a fillter befour, but check to make sure the switch in the trunk didnt trip if it did reset it and turn they key a couple time to pump fuel back up the the engine. if the switch didnt trip turn they key to the run position see if you can here the fuel pump kick on the prime the engine if it is turning on, you might have to bleed your fuel lines. since you unplugged the fuel pump switch and then ran it out of gas theres gonna be air in the lines in witch case theres a pressure port on your fuel rail stick a little screwdriver in it see if gas comes out.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Duh. The switch tripped. I feel silly, maybe I should actually try to figure things out before asking for help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts