TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day i drove into town from where i live and get to my friends house, car ran fine all the way there no problems. Me and my friend get in my car and i go to start my car and it sounds like it was gettin ready to fire but it died so i go to turn it over and it turns but it just keeps turnin. It never fires. Well after a little tinkering around we found that it blew the fuse to the EEC. So i replaced it and it starts and then dies. It blew the fuse again. Any ideas at all on this???? thanx in advance

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
usually no start means the crank sensor is gone - but blowing fuses indicates a short circuit. Check all the wires, see if anything was ever disturbed or moved (some times audio or alarm installs move wires around). It's a start anyway.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well if anyone was interested as to what happened a bunch of wires got melted shorted out a relay so all 4 had to be replaced and shorted out the computer chip so thats around 600 bucks or more sux but o well i might be gettin a brand new ford focus zx3

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
or you can check around your local junkyards, should be able to find a new computer for the bird for less than $200 bucks.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I've have a freind who has put over 3,000 dollars in his focus. I can roll it in my bird on the high way. And it has nitrous. and that is my take on the ford focus zx

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
do u really think im tradin in my tbird for the focus cause its faster or i can make it fast im doin it cause i have to get a brand new car thats cheap gets good gas mileage and that and the neon are like the best choices

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well my mechanic could fix the problem so we are scrapping the tbird and i just got a new focus zx3 yesterday 5 speed of course not as well equipped as the tbird but ill grow to love it just the same well maybe not quite as much. its sad ive got over 8000 in it since i bought it last year and it has 15000 on a rebuilt motor and i cant even get a grand out of it

·
Registered
200 Posts
So keep it and make it your project car.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well ive got good news. sorta. My mechanic worked over 40 hours on the tbird across 5 weeks and couldnt fix it. My dad was tellin some guy about it and he said he knew someone who was good with computers and electrical problems and he had it runnin in 5 hours but i just bought a new car so that kinda sux but my moms gonna drive the tbird so ill get to drive it whenever i want which is awesome. Just wanted to let you know what i finally did with it ill talk to u all later

1 - 11 of 11 Posts