TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i have a 90 super coupe and i will crank but wont fire new plugs and wires. it eats coolent like you fill up the resivor and it gets drained like with in 1 hour of running. any help would be great

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sounds like you blew the Head Gaskets. (My 90 waiting to be done) Any white smoke out the tailpipe? Do a compresion test. It should tell ya.

Tony63
90 SC (Out for head gaskets)
91 5.0
94 3.8 LX (Out for Trans rebuild)
95 4.6
70 Mustang
90 Jeep

·
Registered
630 Posts
Tony63 said:
Sounds like you blew the Head Gaskets. (My 90 waiting to be done) Any white smoke out the tailpipe? Do a compresion test. It should tell ya.

Tony63
91 5.0
95 4.6
70 Mustang
90 Jeep
you lefted one thing out! Thunder birds will bankrupt you!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
LOL :D That is why I have more then one.. My Girlfriend drives the 95 - So I guess I really don't own that except in Title only :tongue:

Tony63
91 5.0
95 4.6
70 Mustang
90 Jeep

·
Registered
250 Posts
Bring it over to me and I can tell you and or repair it. I operate a NAPA Autocare on the NW side of the county.

Gersitz Automotive
5319 FM 1488
Magnolia

281-356-5547

Vernon

·
Registered
9 Posts
hey they have a head gasket leak detector kit. very easy to use all you do is fill the little tester with the fluid it comes with, run the car with the tester in the radiator and if the liquid goes yellow, its blown. very cheap and easy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I Recall The Same Problem Only I Had No Blown Head Gasket And Coolant Would Disappear . I Found It Was The D.i.s Crank Sensor. About 2 Months Of Trouble Shooting At Home And 75 Dollars At Checkers.

·
Registered
377 Posts
sounds like a crank sensor, they are known to go bad. as for the coolant the motor should have hydro locked by now if the HG's were blown. check your oil if its milky $$$$ to be spent. if is ok try crank sensor they are about 100 i think. you can also get a coolant pressure tester the presurizes the system and lets you know quick were your leak is at.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts