TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A buddy of mine works for Hart Auto Supply where they specialize in selling Carbon Metallic brake pads and performance rotors for the local police department. He told me he could get Carbon Metallic pads and just some normal rotors for all four corners for $300. I know it should have new rear rotors because when I bought the car 2 years ago Tires Plus wouldn't turn them because they were worn too thin. Also, the brakes make a grinding sound when braking so I figure new brakes would help that.

Does $300 for all the pads and 4 new rotors sound fair?

Maybe if anyone else is interested I could get a group buy and an even lower price.

EDIT:
After looking up parts at Advance Auto, I've noticed $300 seems pretty high. I believe the $300 quote was just for parts. I'm contacting them to see if that was the right price.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Its high. Look at tire rack for rotors, and I like performance friction carbon metallic pads (they used to sell them at autozone).

Advance (wearever) rotors aren't great for these cars, maybe a small honda. In my experience they either warp or rust out. They are not that cheap either, they used be $22/ front rotor. For a few bucks more you can get something better.

·
Registered
65 Posts
You can go to any O'Reilly Auto Parts store and get the Performance Friction Carbon Metallic Brake Pads.... part number 0600.20 - $58.99. To be honest I dont think you would be able to tell the difference on the rears if you get the carbon metallic or not, I would just go with some decent semi metallics. (just my 2 cents) If you're looking for new rotors and don't want slotted/cross drilled, grab the Brakebest Rotors from O'Reilly's also, if you want to go a step up the Wagner's are some of the best OEM type rotors available. I work at O'Reilly's in Duluth which is one large hill and a lake... barely ever do I have to return any of these rotors as defect, Brakebest or Wagner.

Front Brake Pads - Performance Friction Carbon Metallic 0600.20 - $58.99
Front Brake Rotors - Wagner BD125270 - $50.99 ea.
Brakebest 81-125270 - $24.99 ea.
Rear Brake Pads - Brakebest D599 - $15.99
Rear Brake Rotors - Brakebest 81-125336 - $30.99 ea.

Total for Cheaper parts listed 186.94
Wagner Front Rotor Total 238.94

While youre changin those brakes paint the calipers!!

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I asked my friend to look up the prices again. He said its just over $50 for rotors (individual) and then about $50 for pads per axle, but he doesn't have rotors or pads for the rear available, he'd have to special order them or something. The rotors they sell are nothing special. So I'd probably just pick up some cheaper rotors from Advance, and basic rear brake pads, and then have the PFCM pads on the front.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I asked my friend to look up the prices again. He said its just over $50 for rotors (individual) and then about $50 for pads per axle, but he doesn't have rotors or pads for the rear available, he'd have to special order them or something. The rotors they sell are nothing special. So I'd probably just pick up some cheaper rotors from Advance, and basic rear brake pads, and then have the PFCM pads on the front.
you can order some carbon metallic pads for the rear from KVR for $50+shipping
http://kvrperformance.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=2_11_4019_40162&products_id=40466
I use them on my car's rear brakes and they work good. I use Performance Friction carbon metallic pads on the front PBR calipers

·
Registered
145 Posts
I concur with nearly all of the above, especially the info about Tirerack and the quality of the Wagner rotors. You may also want to see what Rockauto has. Personally I'm intriuged with the premium Centric rotors and may go with them when I replace mine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts