TCCoA Forums banner
21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Administrator
14,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thanks for the update. Have a great holiday weekend!

·
Registered
2010 BMW M5
1,694 Posts
70% Sure I'll be down this year, maybe not with the Cougar, but I'll bring the 5 series. :nerd:

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Ron

I won't have the car ready by then unfortunately. Still have things to do to install the motor and honestly haven't had the time with my work schedule. It will be together and tuned by spring.

With work being what it has been this year time has been very limited. For those that go have fun and be safe. Maybe get free to see you all next fall.

I completely understand the work thing. I go months without seeing my car. Best of luck hopefully I’ll get to see that thing on the track one day.
That you can be assured of my friend. Look forward to meeting you.

·
Administrator
14,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Understood. I may not make it myself. It's going to be a wait and see, last minute, decision for me too.

·
Administrator
14,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·

·
Registered
2010 BMW M5
1,694 Posts
Well on that note I'm going to pass then. Not worth the drive for that short amount of playtime. Maybe we should start doing something in the summer. Fun Ford Weekend is always a good time, their test and tune is a lot of fun.

·
Administrator
14,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Yea, I'm always down for a summer meet. I'm still on the fence about this coming weekend. I'll make a decision on Friday.

I'd like to see Driller run his car.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts

·
Administrator
14,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Ah, cool~!

It took me a minute to figure out what you're referring to but yea, I gotcha! Nice Car~! :thumbsup:

·
Administrator
14,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Weather permitting I'll see ya at the ROCK, JP.

As I said previously, I'll make my final decision on Friday. (The luxury of living closer to the track) ...

Anyone else down for a change of venue?

·
Administrator
14,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Wow 250 lbs!

How'd you trim that much weight?

·
50 years of Mercury Cougar 1967/2017
1,376 Posts
Most of the weight is temporary.

Passenger seat, rear seat, hood liner, front fender liners, horn, antenna, trunk liner, plus a lot of other small items.

Cruise control, window washer.

You would not believe how much stuff weighs and adds up too.

It went from 3775 to 3537, with the driver. (270, with jacket, helmet and pants). Technically 238 lbs. lighter.

The every day crap in my glove box was 7 lbs.

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
You would not believe how much stuff weighs and adds up too.
That gives me hope. My car weighed 3823 at the SuperCoupe Shootout and it tipped the scales with the driver at 4050 lbs at the Southern Super Heavy Shootout.

I'd like to get 300+ lbs off and be able to ballast back the weight to make class requirements when necessary.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.