TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone want to target a date in March for a meet at Fayetteville dragway for their open test and tune? Hopefully the temperatures will still be cool enough and the weather will cooperate. I was thinking either the 7th or 14th of March. Anyone in?

@Rob: Any chance Rob's garage would be open for a tune session the Friday before? I desperately need to get my car dialed in good and see if I can get that 11.99 or faster :D.

-Kevin M

·
Super Moderator
12,641 Posts
+1

On the off chance that I'm home.

Rob: Whenever you can fit that fuel pump replacement and check why the drag bag isn't holding air between now and then let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Hmm if I can get my shift together (literally lol) then I should be able to roll down there at some point. :D

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
I'm down for the 7th. I'll be at the Pro-Dyno cruise-in on the 14th

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
If I have drag radials by then, I might roll down. Then comes the question, where can I get E85 at down there other than Raleigh?

·
Super Moderator
12,641 Posts
Rob's House. He's got barrels of racing grade E85 in his garage.

Ask him to sell you some.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Let's target the 7th and then if the weather does not hold out we can try again on the 14th.

Does anyone want to plan an Outback or other dinner meeting on Friday night?

@Ron: Would you be getting a hotel, and/or can you hook me up with a room? If I do Rob's on Friday, then I will need a place to crash Friday night.

-Kevin

·
Super Moderator
12,641 Posts
Hi Kevin,

Not so sure about this time. My schedule is so fluid this time of year. I will be home by this weekend but I don't know when I'll be headed out again :zdunno:

My car needs a new fuel pump, fuel filter and some other minor work, Rob has it on the back burner, I haven't heard from him since December. That work would need to be done by the 7th for my car to be ready even if I'm not ...

You probably shouldn't plan on me making it. I'll let you know if it does work out that I can be there. I'll ask the office tomorrow what's next - and when - after this job and get back to you.

·
Super Moderator
12,641 Posts
I'm out.

I've got work in Oklahoma starting next week for the foreseeable future.

You guys have fun. I wish I could join you. :(

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If the Crew Chief is available, I may still try and make a go at this weekend. The weather right now is looking promising with highs in the mid 50's.

-Kevin

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Not trying to dissuade you from going to the track, but with the weather we have been having, I would not expect traction at any track until they get a few successful race weekends in.

Al

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
weather is still looking promising and FMSP has updated their website to show that it is racer's appreciation and only $5 to race + the standard $10 admission. I think I am the only one going, but I hope to post some good times. If anyone wants to come just to watch and/or be camera man :), I plan to be there.

-Kevin

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Well I won't be making it to any events here in the near future, but promising news is I'll be track ready for this year in November

1 - 16 of 16 Posts