TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Believe it or not, one of my Supercoupe models is currently being considered for a monthly award, making it eligible for an annual award complete with trophies, prizes and so forth!
My car is going up against some pretty heavy competition including a Kenworth Heavy Duty Wrecker, a Nascar build and a few others. Anyone can cast their votes though and I'd really like to see my 'Bird give them a run for their money!!!
If anyone cares to, you can click on the link and check the models out and cast your vote. Just click on the "Model of the Month Candidates" links in the lefthand contents bar and you'll get to see all the awesome models being judged this month. There's no hitch or hidden spam or anything like that. Just thought I'd let y'all know a Supercoupe is in a competition that needs all your support! ;)

http://www.adirondackmodelersmafia.com

·
Registered
366 Posts
Very nice :)

·
Registered
789 Posts
I think this post worked, you have 68%, the next guy has 14%

·
Registered
251 Posts
lol they are gunna know somthing is up....
i can see all of the others but not your's? why is that, or im a just blind?

·
Registered
724 Posts
gecko2424 said:
I think this post worked, you have 68%, the next guy has 14%
I think you're right. Just voted as well. Hopefully the admin of the site won't research it and say, "Hey, whats with all the referrals from TCCoA.com? haha

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Believe me, I'm sure when all the votes are cast, myc ar will not be at the top of the charts! LOL Seriously though, there is some serious competition there. I can't believe some of the workmanship on those things!!!

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
You got mine, ya still got 60% compared to 14% for the next closest.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Honestly I kind of like the NAscar or the yellow 1969 Camaro SS more... I mean the detail is freaking awsome... Your Coupe is real sweet too but IMO not in the same class as the Nascar...

Kudos on a job well done

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Steve Cougar 25th said:
Honestly I kind of like the NAscar or the yellow 1969 Camaro SS more... I mean the detail is freaking awsome... Your Coupe is real sweet too but IMO not in the same class as the Nascar...

Kudos on a job well done
Believe it or not Steve, I agree with you. The Supercoupe kit does not lend itself to superdetailing very easily at all.
Even that Kenworth Heavy Duty Wrecker is superdetailed! I have a couple of projects in the works though that will be able to keep up with those though. I've been working on it for the past 7 months. ;)

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
i voted for ya, bro, good luck.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Your Super Coupe got my vote. When I saw the yellowing headlights, I said to myself, this model is detailed down to the n'th degree. :)

Kidding aside, it could pass for an actual Super Coupe.

About that Nascar Monte Carlo. The picture was taken in front of a couch and it almost looks as big as the couch. What scale is that?

edit: After looking at it again, I see that the model is on a table and the couch is in the background. Had to add this so I don't look TOO stupid. LOL

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
I actually really like that nascar model. And since you have enough votes already, 58%, I voted for it. Sorry. I know I'd be pissed off if someone got 3/5 of the votes spread over 6 cars. So if some other people vote for other cars and they're refferals from TCCoA, they couldn't delete it because it's non-biased, well, not completely biased. Just lookin out for you at another angle.

·
Registered
775 Posts
93pimpin said:
I actually really like that nascar model. And since you have enough votes already, 58%, I voted for it. Sorry. I know I'd be pissed off if someone got 3/5 of the votes spread over 6 cars. So if some other people vote for other cars and they're refferals from TCCoA, they couldn't delete it because it's non-biased, well, not completely biased. Just lookin out for you at another angle.
You voted for a Chevy? :(

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
damn looks like a real sc sittin there. i love it! i couldnt vote an don the left it jsut said entries instaead of canidates. so is voting over? u woudl have my vote though. good job! ;)

·
Resident Line Creator
1,874 Posts
I also voted for you. Makes me want to start working on the two I have sitting on my dresser. I'm going to make a replica of my car, then I was thinking of a convertable supercoupe.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Last Mrk said:
You voted for a Chevy? :(
I voted for quality of work. If you take a look under the hood and at the brake rotors, looks real nice. When I went to the page I was wondering if the car was real or not.

Saw a couple spots on the SC where you could see white coming through, like the rear driver's side.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
93pimpin said:
Saw a couple spots on the SC where you could see white coming through, like the rear driver's side.
That's actually Meguire's Automotive Wax. ;) The body was primed with automotive dark grey primer and then painted with Duplicolor Ford Red, the same code as is on my 1:1 car. I just didn't get all the wax out of the car after wetsanding and waxing.

As for the Oreo car, that car is 1/24th scale. The amount of detail and workamnship on that car is simply outstanding and nothing on that car was modified without first seeing it on the 1:1 car of Dale Jr.'s. So everything you see on that car and the style in which it was done is exactly the way it is on the real car. It took that person over a year to build that car and it shows.
And, believe it or not, that 69 Camaro SS is another project that was built to replicate the actual car owned by that builder's father. Took him over a year to build that car as well. When you add the factory markings, pen marks, and stencils to a model, you know you're getting down to the fine details! :D
The kenworth wrecker took over two years to complete and he added all the hydraulic plumbing for the boom as well as totally detailed the engine and drivetrain of that rig. That truck is simply amazing.
It actually took me about 11 months to complete my Supercoupe kit and I still wanted to do more. The next one I do will be completely detailed from the front to the back.
Thanks for the votes people! It really means alot!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts