TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night on my way home from work, while stopped in traffic, (for those of you from LI, the Southern State at the Sunrise Hwy east bound exit) some moron clipped me on the driver side. Damage is mostly to my mirror which is wrecked. And then to make things worse the guy takes off. I followed him and he pulled over, got out, looked at my car and took off again!! What is wrong with people?

Anyway, my question is how much do the power mirrors cost and are they hard to replace myself? Also, where is a good place to get them?

Sorry for the long post, I needed to vent a little.

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
long post, nah. try car-part.com. replacing them is easy. it requires taking off the entire door panel to unclip the connector, unless you have long skinny arms.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Hey, I drive past that every day. There is a junk yard on Moffit Blvd. in the Islip/Bay Shore area that I go to for parts, they are usually pretty good to me. Got a hood for LI5.0Cat there. It's called Aable, on Moffit between Saxon Ave. and Brentwood Rd. Tell them the guy with the red Cougar sent you, the will probably know it was me.

Also, you should check out my link for TCCoSNY, as well as the Southern NY section of www.cougarnuts.com. We have meets from time to time, and I think it is about time we all have a get together. You are more than welcome to stop by.

·
Resident redneck
1,921 Posts
big mike said:
long post, nah. try car-part.com. replacing them is easy. it requires taking off the entire door panel to unclip the connector, unless you have long skinny arms.
i have long skinny arms. you have to take the panel off if you still want the power adjustability on the mirror. if not, take whatever's holding the mirror on (its been a while since ive done this) let the mirror dangle and pull on the wires, and cut your fingers on the door when the connector lets go.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I know a new one from the dealer will run right at $200. So I would definately look for a used one.
I had to replace my driver side one about a month ago because I clipped a deer on the highway at 8:00 at night.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts