TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found balled up insulation in my trunk Monday, indicative of a mouse. I pulled the read seats, emptied the trunk, looked under the carpet best I could and found nothing. I cleaned up and set a mouse trap, this morning the trap is missing. I put my PC bag & lunch box in the trunk every morning and noticed it's gone. I dug around some moving things and it wasn't under any of my stuff. I suspect the trap is between the rear seats and trunk where it dips under the seats, but couldn't crawl around the trunk this morning. I'll try to do that tonight. My biggest concern is how'd it get in and how do I keep any more out?
Where are some entry points I should check?

·
Administrator
8,099 Posts
Have you seen my thread from last year and all the fun I had with mice?

The bastards can pretty much get in anywhere. My guess the trap might be under the front seats or the carpet itself. The big nesting spots I found were in the rear quarters in the speaker area. I gutted the whole interior and caught quite a few before I put it all back together.

Bought a Car Jacket bag for it, it's been in there since early November.

Joe

·
Super Moderator
10,742 Posts
I can recommend these type mousetraps; they work really well.

:)

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
They were getting in through the oval holes on the backside of the rocker panels toward the rear on my car. Plugged those up and haven't seen any evidence of them since.you'll have to jack the car up and crawl underneath to see them. Mike

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is the first time this has ever happened to me. I did find the trap with the mouse, behind the rear seats where the trunk floor goes down under the seats. I plan on getting under the car tomorrow to check things out. I'll look over your posts Rodeo Joe. This is my daily driver, she did sit for about a week while I was traveling, but other than that she moves about every day.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I left a mouse trap in the trunk just in case. There has been no evidence, nothing chewed up, but this morning there was one in the trap.
I had pulled out the rear seat, trunk carpet and pulled back the rear side plastic pieces to look around. I didn't see any other insulation tore up then. I also couldn't find those holes Rodeo Joe was referring to in the other thread. I need to look harder now.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They were getting in through the oval holes on the backside of the rocker panels toward the rear on my car. Plugged those up and haven't seen any evidence of them since.you'll have to jack the car up and crawl underneath to see them. Mike
Mike, what did you plug the holes with?

·
Administrator
8,099 Posts
Pull your rear speakers out and any insulation and take a look inside and down towards the back. I'm told the holes are there for the sunroof drains, not sure if your's has a sunroof or not.

Joe
IMG_1279 (1024x768).jpg
IMG_1280 (1024x768).jpg
IMG_1281 (1024x768).jpg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts