TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is a good high flow cat brand?. and whats a good price on high flows. im just looking for a reasonably priced set of high flows for the bird and i want them to make it sound a little better and louder. --all posts are appreciated. thanks;)

·
Registered
217 Posts
are you looking to just replace the cats or have a whole new system put in? The current bends off of the exhaust manifolds and the stock cats are terrible. Magnaflow actually makes an entire replacement 'Y' pipe (w/ cats) that is 1/4" bigger. But its depends what you want, and as a side note, replacing exhaust on our cars is not going to yeild alot of extra horses.

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,671 Posts
Cat names are free. It's the cat that can cost you some money.

-Melon

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
are you looking to just replace the cats or have a whole new system put in? The current bends off of the exhaust manifolds and the stock cats are terrible. Magnaflow actually makes an entire replacement 'Y' pipe (w/ cats) that is 1/4" bigger. But its depends what you want, and as a side note, replacing exhaust on our cars is not going to yeild alot of extra horses.
im lookin to put 2.5" true duals from the manifolds back, and weld up some high flow cats parallel to the ground just downstream from the original cat positions. and have a di/do magnaflow resonator with no mufflers out the back.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

-Melon
i know haha. i was just wondering what a good name brand is? top brands...mangaflow? dynomax? scp cats?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

-Melon
im not looking for any power gains when getting a new exhaust. i just want good quality sound.. if i wanted power gains id be asking about a good supercharger kit! :thumbsup:

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,671 Posts
I went with Magnaflow cats - or maybe it was the Magnaflow off brand - I don't remember which. Either way, they had good flow and did what I needed :)

-Melon

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
im not looking for any power gains when getting a new exhaust. i just want good quality sound.. if i wanted power gains id be asking about a good supercharger kit! :thumbsup:

then putting 2.5" pipe off a stock manifold is a waste of money

dual 2" is fine for stock setups.. maybe 2.25" if you wanted to push it. anymore is a waste of dough

get the magnaflow kit.. flows better, looks nicer and is easily expandable later on

·
SuperNewbie
1995 Thunderbird LX 4.6 red
2,871 Posts
what is a good high flow cat brand?. and whats a good price on high flows. im just looking for a reasonably priced set of high flows for the bird and i want them to make it sound a little better and louder. --all posts are appreciated. thanks;)
I recently used magnaflow hi flow spun cats. There is a pic of my new stuff in my gallery. I bought the pair of cats for like 120 shipped.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts