TCCoA Forums banner

Catalytic Converters

1K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  nickmckinney 
#1 ·
Has anyone ordered a "Direct Fit Catalytic Converter Set Up" from AJUSA.com?

They claim it is made by Magnaflow, there are no logos or indication as such on the set up. It includes all three cats.

I have, it arrived yesterday, does not look "Direct". The converters are soooo small 6", there is no length of lead to the headers....it just doesn't look right.

I am going to call them but I wanted an unbiased opinion.

thanks in advance,

David

#5 ·
Direct Fit Cats from AJUSA.Com

Hello All,

I was finally able to talk to Justin at AJUSA.com. The direct fit cat set up I ordered is right, what happened is that Magnaflow drop shipped the wrong part to me from the factory. It was in the right box with the right part label but wrong assembly.
They are resending me the set up. After talking with Justin, the cats are same size as OEM, the only thing different is the 3rd cat is not that V shape like OEM it is a straight cat.

It is the same quality as all of Magnaflow and it is all stainless(not Polished) so it should be OK.

I will let all know what happens!

Thanks, David

#7 ·
i ordered the magnaflow direct fit cats from them they are stamped with the the magnaflow part # but other than that i dont know. i kinda was expecting them to say Magnaflow somewhere but... i posted some pics of the 3rd cat on my cardomain page ...pics here

#10 ·
nickmckinney said:
That doesn't look half bad, what is the picture of the inside one showing (last picture at the bottom, it looks like a glasspack muffler core not a cat) and what is the diameter of the piping?

the last pic is one taken from the single outlet tube. i dont know if they are Hiflow cats or not but when i looked in the third cat after it was cut off i thought that maybe they were. its just laying around on my porch if someone wants it...(free)

#12 ·
shaggy433 said:
the last pic is one taken from the single outlet tube. i dont know if they are Hiflow cats or not but when i looked in the third cat after it was cut off i thought that maybe they were. its just laying around on my porch if someone wants it...(free)

I'll take dibs on that :D

BTW - It does look like a resonator/glasspack muffler to me as well

What is the pipe diameter? Same as stock?

#13 ·
they are 1 3/4 inner dia from the front 2 cats to 2 inch single out. it has never been installed. when i got it shipped and went to the shop he cut it off for 2 reasons.
1st. they were of by about an 1 1/2 inch where they connect to the manifolds
2nd. I wanted true duals.

he did cut off the hangers so that he could use them on the rest of the exhaust. pm me to tell me how you want it shipped. i can get it taken down to savannah Ga for free

#14 ·
Hmmm, sounds like stock which is 2" OD on the front and 2.25" OD on the back. Take some pictures of the front bends and the front cats if you can please. From what I see the "3rd cat" is really a nice looking Y and resonator combo, the piping looked a bit bigger in the pictures than the stock stuff, I guess not though.

I will be in Savannah July 2~4th actually, sig other wants to eat at Paula Dean's for her birthday, would be no problem for me to stop by and grab it then.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.