TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to replace the convertor on my '93 and was wondering if anyone can help me out. The exhaust that's on there now is totally stock. Looking at the options i have for the replacement and have come across the following:
  • 2in. female flare inlet/2 in. male ball outlet
  • 2.5in. female flare inlet/2.5in. male ball outlet
  • and then some options that don't list sizes at all
Can anyone tell me which one i need? Or if it even matters? Like i said, the car is all stock. Has the 3.8L.

Hope someone can help me out. This is the last thing i need and then it's on the road! Thanks!

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
You don't live in Nazi Cali so buy the magnaflow 3 cat front y-pipe from summit or take you car to a quality exhaust shop and have them make you down tubes and put on high flow universal cats.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Since 95 and older vehicles are still tested by two-speed tail pipe testing and visual inspections in most states that wouldn't be a good idea, but it's your car if you live in an emissions free county and wish to hack them off and break federal law that's your perogative. On 96+ obd2 vehicles and vehicles that are in emissions exempt countys with removed catalytic converters, or for off road use only vehicles 02 sensor simulators/eliminators work well and serve their purpose.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah guys, i live in Ohio(not Nazi Cali, but compare it more to Russia; never sure which side they want to be on...) which sporadically lets counties choose for themselves if they want to test for emissions. The wonderful county of Summit where i live does. Which means they'll do both the visual inpection and the tail-pipe test. In any event, the plan for this 'Bird is to stay stock anyways so i'd want them on. I just need to know what size to get!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts