TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just found out some one cut the cat off my car b 4 i bought it and it is the one where the two pipes meet and go in to the single cat what are my options i really do not want to buy another y pipe does any one have pics of there exhaust system without the single cat the cat i am talking about is two pipes run in one end and 1 single pipe comes out the other end of the cat

·
Administrator
8,113 Posts
What's the rest of the system look like? Just run duals from the 2 front cats and be done.

Joe

·
Super Moderator
5,022 Posts
i just found out some one cut the cat off my car b 4 i bought it and it is the one where the two pipes meet and go in to the single cat what are my options i really do not want to buy another y pipe does any one have pics of there exhaust system without the single cat the cat i am talking about is two pipes run in one end and 1 single pipe comes out the other end of the cat
And that's all part of the Y pipe.

OTOH - why bother? If someone replaced it, you're good. If not, you can do like Rodeo Joe suggests. Or even check what Mandrel Exhaust Systems ( http://www.mandrelexhaustsystems.com/servlet/the-Car-Exhaust-cln-Ford-cln-89-dsh-97-Ford-Thunderbird/Categories ) has for our cars.

Me? I've got a DIDO Magnaflow muffler and a pair of high flow Magnaflow cats for when my exhaust gets redone - which may be soon.

RwP

1 - 4 of 4 Posts