TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay.......other than SCP who else offers catless downpipes? I want to dump the cats on my 94' for Track Time.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
If you can weld to fabricate your own downpipes, I was able to buy downpipes mandrel bent to the right angle with the necessary flanges to bolt onto the manifolds for cheap from Josh @ http://mandrelexhaustsystems.com/

The 5.0 exhaust manifold outlet position is identical for the 3.8/3.8SC so they will work for you. All you will need to do is weld a on a y-pipe a flange to connect to the rest of your downstream exhaust.

Swapping will then become a quick bolt on bolt off affair. I took a look at what SCP will sell you also requires welding (or a press fit clamp) and I'm willing to bet you can get from MES the exact same item for a fraction of that price (it's just pipe). You will juts need to weld on a bung for the O2 sensors (simple).
-g

·
Super Moderator
5,077 Posts
Far as that's concerned, tell Josh where you want the O2 bungs if it's on the downpipes.

RwP

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pipes

I've been in contact with Bill at SCP and Josh at Mandrel............a deal for 2.25" down pipes from Bill and crossover 2.25" duals from Josh. Then two Cherry Bombs...........hey I'm old school..still have a fondness for glasspacks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was wondering if anyone has a part number or link for down pipes without cats on a 92 with a 5.0. I'm having a hard time finding anything on Google. Is there any other setups out there other than mandrel exhaust systems? Thank you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts