TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone make an "off-road" or "catless" down pipe set for my car? Aside from making it myself, I'd really rather get one that's prefabbed.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Can anyone here make downpipes or have them made for a good price I need a set myself and I'am sure others do 2.

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
RyanG said:
http://www.speedfreak.cc/
edit - nm, but they have the rest of the exhaust pre-made.
That's the one. It goes from the exhaust manifold all the way back. You can put in cats if you like, and your choice of mufflers.

I heard this system on Kodiak Kid's car this morning on his way through Iowa, he has no cats and flowmasters out back and I must sound, it sounds better than anything I've ever heard!

-Thomas

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
i'm getting mine done at the muffler place here for $80 out the door for both sides, might wanna ask around, though....later'z....:D

·
Registered
489 Posts
80.00 sounds good to me but they prob won't fit a 4.6.I asked speedfreak one time just for downpipes and I think they wanted $200 or more.

·
Registered
489 Posts
mn12xr7 I have catless down pipes, got it done for $50

Are they for your 5.0 and are they the same as a 4.6 can you have a set for me made if so?

·
Jedi Master
3,647 Posts
a shop here in ELP made them for me...i still have the O2 sensors on them...
Not sure how it would be done on a since I don't where the O2 sensors are...(on a 302 they are before the cats)

What was basically done was the guy cut the existing pipes right after the 02 sensors then measured, cut and welded the new down pipes (2.25 going into 2.5)

not sure if this shop will make them for me but if so you'll still have to find a way to have them welded on.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I want new downtubes for better flow.

·
TCCoA Preferred Vendor
124 Posts
if there is enough demand for it i will make about 10 sets of catless down tubes for you guys. i dont really care but i normally have not had that many orders for them. our cnc bender program is setup to bend the whole system so to do catless donw tubes i would have to make some changes and then bend about 6 to 10 sets. depending on how much pipe you guys want after the bend by the transmission changes the price some. do you guys have a idea. normally my front down tubes extend all the way to the back where the x pipe meets up around the end of the tranny

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am interested in a set and would be happy to put my name down for them!

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
i got mine done at a local performance shop...no problems at all...the whole exhaust cost me 150+ muffler

·
Registered
489 Posts
I'am in if the price is right.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I'm in for a set if the price is good.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts