TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am running the kooks mid length cams with a true dual set up and no cat's on my 95 4.6. If I were to put some universal magnaflow cats on there would it restrict the flow and cause me to loose lot's of horses or will it help me out in the long run? and another question is if I decide not to put the cat's on and change to the magnaflow dual in dual out with the built in x pipe will it make it any quieter than it is now?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Not sure if it would make it louder, but the magnaflow setup sounds great, I would just switch to it and leave the cats off, I would say they either wouldn't make a difference, or they would hurt performance a little.

·
Super Moderator
7,695 Posts
High flow cats don't restrict flow. I would put them on just to make your life easier for inspections. Plus cats quiet the car down and give it more of a deep tone as opposed to a rattling sound.

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
let's not forget the lower emissions generated by the car to leave a few trees for our kids when they grow up

and no, i'm not a tree hugger.. i wouldn't have 3 V8 fords in my driveway if i was

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
i am running the kooks mid length cams with a true dual set up and no cat's on my 95 4.6. If I were to put some universal magnaflow cats on there would it restrict the flow and cause me to loose lot's of horses or will it help me out in the long run? and another question is if I decide not to put the cat's on and change to the magnaflow dual in dual out with the built in x pipe will it make it any quieter than it is now?
No power lost at all,and there are some cats that actually fit well.

http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=99121

There are some pics of the cats on my car...it still runs low 12's in the hot summer...
JL

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
:zwthstpd: got a set of those myself

1 - 6 of 6 Posts