TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
scrap metal places such as paces you would take pop cans. Let me know how much they give you.

I've been hearing they give as much a hundred bucks a cat. If that's the case our cars have three, three hundred bucks is a big chunk of a custom exhaust being made.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Depends on the size. The larger the more $$. The third cat may not fetch nearly as much. Due to word getting out on these I heard prices dropped a lot since everyone is brining them in now.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I sold mine for $60 each a few months ago when I did my exhaust. I took them to River Metals Recycling in Xenia, OH. I had a few extras laying around from a car we parted out, so selling all 6 pretty much paid for my complete exhaust.

-Rob

·
Registered
107 Posts
scrap yards have this down to a science.

they know exactly how much they will pay per converter. based on condition and the year/make/model of vehicle it came out of.

Larger cats and cats from foreign vehicles bring the most I believe.

Also the more you have, the more they pay. They'd rather buy 1000 cats from 1 source then 1 cat from 1000 people.

·
Registered
484 Posts
i know around here the prices dropped and they dont pay that much for them any more, and theybit*h when you bring alot because they think their stollen

·
Super Moderator
12,245 Posts
Yea, I started a thread on this HERE back in February.

There was also some discussion about the worth of used cats toward the end of THIS THREAD.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts